Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Funding Your College Education:Scholarship Information: Social Science


Name Amount Information Due Date
DAR / Enid Hall Griswold Scholarship $5000

The Memorial Scholarship is awarded to two deserving junior or seniors enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States who are pursuing a major in political science, history, government, or economics. This is a one-time award in the amount of $5000.
UNCF/SUEZ Corporate Scholars Program $5000

The UNCF Scholars program will provide selected candidates a paid internship at a SUEZ for-profit facility. UNCF will provide a $5,000.00 scholarship for the academic year, paid for by the SUEZ Foundation. The internships will be offered at various locations including but not limited to: Paramus, New Jersey; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Wilmington, Delaware; Pontiac, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Open to college sophomores majoring in Accounting, Civil Engineering, Communications, Electrical Engineering, English, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science(s), Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Mechanical Engineering, Political Science, Pre-law or Sociology.

Boren Scholarships $8000-20,000

Boren Scholarships, an initiative of the National Security Education Program, provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. undergraduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Boren Scholars represent a vital pool of highly motivated individuals who wish to work in the federal national security arena. In exchange for funding, Boren Scholars commit to working in the federal government for at least one year after graduation.

National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) Up to $20,000 per academic year in tuition, educational expenses, and living expenses

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to undergraduate students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. After graduation, you will continue your training as a full-time employee in an NIH research laboratory. You must serve 1 year of full-time employment for each year of scholarship.

March 2019 (TBD)
Elizabeth Munsterberg Koppitz Fellowship $25,000

The Elizabeth Munsterberg Koppitz Fellowship program supports graduate research projects and scholarships in child psychology. Must have completed doctoral candidacy in order to apply.

AAC's Behavioral Health and Addiction Scholarship $2500-5000

AC established 3 scholarship awards to provide financial assistance to college and graduate students pursuing careers in behavioral health and addiction—related studies. Students eligible for scholarships are those enrolled or will be enrolled in behavioral health, nursing, counseling, psychology, social work, marriage/ family therapy, or other program focusing on treating mental health and/or substance abuse issues.

Gallagher Health Careers Scholarship Program $7500

Winners of the Health Careers Scholarship Program demonstrate a strong motivation to pursue a health care career, academic excellence, a dedication to community service and a need for financial support of their education. The program is open to higher education students entering their junior and senior years of full-time undergraduate study in the coming fall. This program is not open to first-year undergraduates, high school students or graduate students.

The Melanie Foundation Scholarship $2500

The Melanie Foundation Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship to be awarded to a candidate pursuing a doctoral or master’s degree in the mental health field. Must be currently enrolled or accepted into a graduate program majoring in the mental health field in the United States.